Instructions to Obtain Notarization
Notary Service Hours
No appointment is necessary for notary services, but we do not always have a notary on duty.
Best hours for notary services are from 9 am to 3 pm M-F. Please call 845.223.6030 to see if a notary is on duty.
We are not attorneys and by law cannot provide any advice with regard to your transaction.
- The person whos signature is being notarized must personally appear before the notary.
- Provide Proper identification.
Proper IdentificationValid Government Issue Photo Identification as proof of identity for your notary request.
- A valid Government-issue Photo Identification. Must be current, contain your signature and have a serial number.
- Valid forms of Government Identification include: Current Passport, Driver's License, State ID, Resident Cards, Armed Forces or other Government Agency ID.
- Unacceptable Forms of Identification include: Credit cards, Social Security Cards, Birth Certificates, temporary driver's licenses and drivers licenses without photographs.
What a Notary Can & Cannot Do
- New York Notaries cannot certify copies of documents.
- New York Notaries cannot notarize photos.
- New York Notaries can notarize a document in another language if the Notarial Certificate and document signature block are in English.
Maximum Fees a NYS Notary can charge are set by law.
Click here to search for Notary Publics